Apple TV App FAQ
Below you will find answers to our most commonly asked questions about the BSO OffStage app for Apple TV. In order to download the BSO OffStage app you must have an Apple TV 4th Generation or later.
How to Download the App
- Turn on your Apple TV device and navigate to the App Store
- Once you are in the App Store , navigate to the search function and type BSO OffStage. When the BSO OffStage app appears, select it.
- On the next page, highlight Get, then press the Touch surface of the Siri Remote to begin downloading. If you see Install (with the iCloud icon), you’ve added the app to your device before and you can download it again. If you see Open, the app is already installed; select Open to launch the app.
While an app is downloading or updating, its icon appears on the Home screen with a progress indicator.
How to Open the App
- Return to the home screen of your Apple TV device and navigate to the BSO OffStage app icon. After the app has finished installing, press the Touch surface of the Siri Remote to open the app.
- If the app freezes when you try to open it for the first time, try restarting your Apple TV and then open the app again.
How to Login and Watch a Video
- Select one of the videos from the home screen of the app. On the video page (shown below), navigate down to the Watch Now button and click on the surface of your Siri Remote.
- If this is your first time watching a video in the app, you'll be brought to a log-in screen where you can login using the email address and password you use at www.BSOmusic.org/offstage. If you do not have an account, you can create one in the app.
- After logging in to your account, the video will start playing if you have access to the video, or you will be given the opportunity to purchase access to the video in the app.
Using Vouchers or Coupons to Watch Episodes of BSO Sessions on Apple TV
- You cannot use a voucher code or coupon code to purchase access to an episode of BSO Sessions inside the Apple TV App. In order to use your voucher or coupon code, go to www.BSOmusic.org/OffStage and login to your account.
- Once logged in, navigate to the video you want to use your voucher on. Select the “Pre-Order” or “Access Video” option and use your voucher or coupon code to purchase access to the episode. Episodes unlocked online will then be available for you to watch on the Apple TV App.
- After redeeming your voucher or coupon code, return to the BSO OffStage Apple TV app, navigate to the video you unlocked, and click Play Now to watch the video. Episodes unlocked during the pre-order period will not be available to watch in the Apple TV app until 8 pm on the episode release date, but will then be available to watch on demand through June 2021.
How to Use the App Menu
- Home: The homescreen is like the homepage at www.bsomusic.org/offstage. See the latest episodes of BSO Sessions and other newly added video content.
- Search: Type in the search bar to find videos using keywords.
- Category: Look through available videos based on common categories like Classical, SuperPops, Educational Content, Free Content, and more.
- My Favorites: Add videos to your favorites and they'll show up here so you can easily find them to watch again.
- Watch History: This page displays videos you've watched recently.
- Profile: Navigate to this page to logout, change your password, or see if you are signed up for a Monthly All-Access Plan.